Thursday, April 14, 2011

When UPS delivers great stuff


Thank God for the internet!  Living here on the coast of Maine isn't ideal when I'm looking for real tailoring supplies.  I occasionally get to NYC, but even then can't always find what I need.  When I picked up the "guts" of my sport coat at Steinlauf and Stoller, they only had one choice for undercollar melton.  It was navy blue and already fused to French canvas.  I passed.

 A Google search led me to B. Black and Sons, in LA.  These guys don't do quilts!  They were extremely helpful.  My goodies arrived yesterday.  Wool blend undercollar felt in gray and  dark olive, 100 yards of 3/8" white cotton twill tape and a box of real tailors chalks, in colors no less!  I can't wait to try it all out.  

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing! I was just looking for this kind of website!!!

    ReplyDelete