Saturday, October 31, 2015

The Halston Shacket....Already in Heavy Rotation!

My shacket has been done for a week or two, and I'm wearing it everywhere. It's, hands down, one of the most versatile garments I've ever made.

Part of the photoshoot delay has been waiting for this to arrive from Canada..... Oh, and I also needed a haircut.

 

 

A Halston silk scarf, found on Etsy, which seems to have been made for this shacket. I'm loving it!

Thank you Princessjainascloset for adding a bit of extra panache to this project.

 

 

 

 

 

So here it is, a 1970's leisure suit resurrected more than three decades later. Still looking good, Mr. Halston!



 

 

Here I'm wearing it with my Foulard shirt from last year. I'm not quite sure Maine is ready for men in "Gucci-esque" pussy bow shirts. Is anyone? Still, I had fun dressing up; knowing that if I lived in a big metropolitan area, I'd totally be sporting this look.



Pretty soon the cold winds are gonna start blowing, and I'll have to retire my shacket. But for now, it's the perfect extra layer.

I just might need another one.

Cheers! And happy Fall sewing!

 

33 comments:

  1. Looks great! Always looking for a warm layer to add, must consider making something like this for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful -- I love the plaid. It looks marvelous on you, Duane!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that shirt - on you it has a slightly Southern gentleman vibe to it, really. and love the shacket.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the shirt too, and that jacket fabric is lovely! Beautiful fit too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your shacket and all your informative posts, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks wonderful! I also love love love the pussy bow shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a stylish jacket, it looks fantastic with the scarf & with your shirt

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Stunning, inspirational goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Stunning, inspirational goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing fabric choice. My winter sewing plans just grew to include a shacket. Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing fabric choice. My winter sewing plans just grew to include a shacket. Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  12. Quite stylish ! The material reminds me of a Pendleton shirt. I like those a lot. Beautiful job as always.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful jacket. Love the colors. You look wonderful too

    ReplyDelete
  14. Heya, handsome! You look great in that shacket ensemble and your skills are very impressive, especially re. fit. Just curious -- what machines do you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use a Singer 301 for just about everything. I used it, and its buttonholer, exclusively for this project I have an old Bernette 4 thread serger which is a finicky thing, so I rarely use it.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Duane. That's good to know. Beautiful work as usual, especially the way you nailed the fit across your upper back. Your shacket looks like it could be purchased in a high-end store but best of all, it can't -- it's all yours.

      Delete
  15. You and your shacket look GREAT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow - what a fabulous shacked. Love it! You look great in it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Inspiring and elegant. You've done a beautiful job

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look gorgeous in your shacket, and I love the pussy-bow shirt; very stylish indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This looks SO great and the scarf is perfect. I love those projects that fill just the right hole at the right time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. An awesome coat, lovely pockets and choice of fabric. And please don't shy away from that bow-tie, it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great coat, but no doubt that you give it the style!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fabulous coat! Very stylish, great job.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your shacket turned out beautifully. I love the coordinating scarf. It's too bad you can't wear the bow tie blouse, it looks great with it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. How did I miss this post?! I've been waiting and waiting and waiting to see the finale. You KILLT it!! This is fabulous Duane!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Just now seeing this--wow! Where I come from, they call this a CPO jacket which is based on the style of a Naval Chief Petty Officers jacket. Usually made from wool and for layering under a heavy overcoat. You did a super job on this jacket--it is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete