Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The pattern




Here is the book that I am using.  Although I found it on Ebay, I actually ended up ordering it on Etsy from the same seller.  I have to admit that I was dubious about ordering an item from Japan.  I envisioned all sorts of issues with customs, and pretty much convinced myself that I would probably never get the book.  Kiss that PayPal transaction goodbye. But....Hooray!  It arrived in about two weeks in perfect condition.  


http://www.etsy.com/shop/pomadour24

I have decided to attempt the toggle coat.  Interestingly,  it's not lined.  All of the seams are covered with bias tape.  Not only does that look difficult, it's just not practical for this cold climate.  So I will plan on a full lining and sizing the coat so that it will fit comfortably over a shirt and sweater.  

No comments:

Post a Comment